When the transistor was invented it was considered to be the key factor for the growth of the VLSI technology. Well, with the addition of new features in the Electronic Devices, there has been a lot of improvement in the growth of VLSI technology. What does VLSI stand for? It means very large scale integration that helps in determining the various levels of integration.
What are the uses of VLSI Technology?
Today, VLSI chips are widely used for various purposes which will include the following:
- Voice and Data Communication Networks
- Commercial electronics
- Digital Signal Processing
There are many vlsi coaching centres and they offer all their students’ various courses from which they can choose from. But if you do not what to attend regular classes for personal reasons and still want to complete your VLSI training, how will that be possible? Well, you do not have to worry about anything with everything being made available online you can also check out the various VLSI online courses. Some of the VLSI online courses include the following:
- SOC Verification with the help of System Verilog: This course will introduce and help you understand the concepts that are available on System on Chip Design Verification with an emphasis on Functional Verification flows and its methodologies. This course will also teach an individual as to how coding can be carried out in the language of System Verilog. This language is the most popular and widely used Hardware Description language for the design of SOC and also for verification in the semiconductor industry.
- Learn System Verilog Assertions and the coding coverage in-depth: This course will provide you with all the knowledge that is required in order to know about the System Verilog Assertions (SVA) and the coding of the Functional Coverage which is the base for the Assertion-based and Coverage Driven Verification Methodologies. These are the two important key methodologies that are being used in all the chip or SOC designs which will ensure completeness and quality.
- Cracking programming questions (digital VLSI DV interviews): The Digital VLSI designs are in high demand these days. The design verification job seems to have become all the more software oriented. Both the Design as well as the Verification engineers needs to have the skills of the soft hardware and software which surrounds the interface of the hardware and the software.
The best vlsi institutes have courses which you can check out from their sites online and choose the one that is the most appropriate one for you. Also, VLSI has some great advantages to offer, some of them are they help in increasing the operating speed of the circuits, also the occupy a small area, they require lesser power in comparison to the discrete components, they also help in reducing the size of the circuits, they help in reducing the effective cost of the devices and they have a higher reliability.